World Kindness Day
The purpose of World Kindness Day is to highlight good deeds in the community, focusing on the positive power and the common thread of kindness that binds us.
There is also a movement I am seeing online that says to wear a cardigan tomorrow in honor of Mr. Rogers, as well.
We will be out and about tomorrow spreading kindness in NWA! We have cards at our Bentonville location that you can pick up if you’d like to leave a card with your project that you come up with to do with your family, friends, or co-workers.
10 things you can do to celebrate and join in:
- Drop off winter essentials at a homeless shelter or women’s shelter. (7 hills looking for sleeping bags)
- Pay it forward. This is the concept most commonly known as you pay for the person behind you in the drive through line. (Our personal fave.)
- Write a thank you note. (Teacher, mail carrier, UPS, Fed Ex)
- Send a card or a small package to a service member.
- Donate gift cards to the Children’s Safety Center in Springdale (Walmart, fast food places)
- Make candy grams for police officers.
- Talk to or sit with someone new at school.
- Return someone’s cart at the store.
- Read books to younger siblings.
- Donate food to a food pantry.
- Pay on someone’s layaway
- School lunch balances
- Donate to a local church
- Pick up an angel for Christmas