Tryout the latest electric toothbrushes with JJ & Lex
Pediatric Dental Associates & Orthodontics had two special visitors for a special task: Trying out the latest kids electric toothbrushes.
Here are their reviews of the following electric toothbrushes based on functionality and fun.
Please note: Some of these brushes have replaceable heads or must be replaced every three months. You can buy these brushes at your local store.
- Super Mario / Marvel Adventures Arm and Hammer Spinbrush: This electric toothbrush is soft and not loud. It will help clean your teeth very well.
- Batman / Despicable Me Colgate Spinbrush: Press the top button to turn on this electric toothbrush. It is loud and the top part spins very fast. The bottom part doesn’t spin at all. It vibrates your teeth a bit more.
- Bumblebee / Black Panther Firefly: This electric toothbrush is not very loud. It comes with a neat cap. It doesn’t spin, it only vibrates. Con: It feels very hard on the teeth.
- Pro-health Oral-B: This electric toothbrush looks very cool. It has a rubber handle with a good grip and the head is very soft and feels very nice. The brush has a plus and minus button and spins really fast. A plus, the brush is not very loud.
- Auto-brush kit (ages 8+): This electric toothbrush comes with a charger and also has music. Definitely recommended.
So what toothbrush was JJ & Lex’s favorite?
JJ AND LEX CHOSE…THE AUTO-BRUSH KIT AS THEIR FAVORITE!
The auto-brush is designed to cut brushing time, so we do not professionally recommend it because it doesn’t remove plaque as well as a traditional brush. However, kids love them. Whatever is working for you is fine. Help your child to maintain healthy oral habits by allowing your child to find a brush they want to use.
Have questions on toothbrushes? Check out our recent blog post on different tooth brushes and how to choose the best on for your child.
- The right toothbrush for your child is the one they will actually use.
- If you have an HSA or FSA they will cover electric toothbrushes within our practice.